Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Index of featured meditation studies
- Who you really are; the default mode network
- Loving-kindness Meditation Increases Social Connectedness
- The Science of Meditation
- Choose happiness! Is mind wandering unwelcome?
- Brain health in middle age; the science of meditation and mindfulness
- Compassionate meditation creates a positive outlook
- Do You Meditate?
- Better mental health through meditation?
- Does cognitively-based compassion training (CBCT) beat depression?
What's Going OnBuddhism CBCT clinical psychology CM cognitive psychology compassion concentration meditation critical psychology depression Dzogchen health psychology LKM loneliness loving kindness MBCT MBSR mindfulness mind wandering neuroimaging neuroscience nondual awareness phenomenology positive psychology religious studies social cognitive social connectedness social psychology Theravada Buddhism vipassana Zen
Category Archives: neuroimaging
Authors: Kieran C.R. Fox, R. Nathan Spreng, Melissa Ellamil, Jessica R. Andrews-Hanna, Kalina Christoff Year: 2015 Title: The wandering brain: Meta-analysis of functional neuroimaging studies of mind-wandering and related spontaneous thought processes Summary: Thinking about the most common effects on … Continue reading
Not a surprising headline until you consider that Dr Erhan Genç and Christoph Fraenz at Ruhr-Universität Bochum are reported as suggesting that people with higher scores on an intelligence test were found to have smaller brain structures. […]