Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Measuring loving kindness-compassion
- The origins of MBSR; Zen and mindfulness
- Brain health in middle age; the science of meditation and mindfulness
- Meditation and neurodegeneration; what do we know?
- Meditation and Mindfulness Glossary
- The Science of Meditation
- About The Science of Meditation
- Choose happiness! Is mind wandering unwelcome?
What's Going OnBuddhism CBCT clinical psychology CM cognitive function cognitive psychology compassion concentration meditation critical psychology depression Dzogchen health psychology LKM loneliness loving kindness MBCT MBSR mindfulness neuroimaging neuroscience nondual awareness phenomenology positive psychology religious studies social cognitive social connectedness social psychology Theravada Buddhism vipassana Zen
Tag Archives: neuroscience
The default mode network has a crucial but poorly understood role in how meditation influences brain structure and function. This paper sets out some of the current thinking regarding self-generated thought. Continue reading
Meditation and mindfulness may help to keep your brain young Continue reading
Not a surprising headline until you consider that Dr Erhan Genç and Christoph Fraenz at Ruhr-Universität Bochum are reported as suggesting that people with higher scores on an intelligence test were found to have smaller brain structures. […]