Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Measuring loving kindness-compassion
- The origins of MBSR; Zen and mindfulness
- Brain health in middle age; the science of meditation and mindfulness
- Meditation and neurodegeneration; what do we know?
- Meditation and Mindfulness Glossary
- The Science of Meditation
- About The Science of Meditation
- Choose happiness! Is mind wandering unwelcome?
What's Going OnBuddhism CBCT clinical psychology CM cognitive function cognitive psychology compassion concentration meditation critical psychology depression Dzogchen health psychology LKM loneliness loving kindness MBCT MBSR mindfulness neuroimaging neuroscience nondual awareness phenomenology positive psychology religious studies social cognitive social connectedness social psychology Theravada Buddhism vipassana Zen
Tag Archives: pSTS
Regulation of the Neural Circuitry of Emotion by Compassion Meditation: Effects of Meditative Expertise
Authors: Antoine Lutz, Julie Brefczynski-Lewis, Tom Johnstone, Richard J. Davidson Year: 2008 Title: Regulation of the Neural Circuitry of Emotion by Compassion Meditation: Effects of Meditative Expertise Summary: Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) investigation of the insula and anterior cingulate cortices in … Continue reading